Decorate your next brunch table with a beautiful frittata made from savory ingredients like diced roasted red peppers with freshly chopped basil and spinach mixed with eggs and topped with Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Italian. This wonderfully cheesy treat is perfect for everyone.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Italian, divided
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-1/4 cups pasta sauce, heated
- Coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Cook garlic in skillet 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Combine eggs, 1 cup cheese, spinach, red peppers, basil, salt and pepper flakes, if desired, in medium bowl. Pour mixture into ovenproof skillet; stir once and flatten mixture with back of spatula. Cook 2 minutes or until edges of frittata begin to set.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 10 minutes or until set in center. Remove from oven; carefully loosen frittata from pan with spatula. Place serving plate over skillet and flip frittata onto plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with pasta sauce.