This lovely dish is perfect for the next time you’re hosting brunch or breakfast. Its colorful array of chopped peppers, sliced mushrooms and plenty of Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria brings in authentic pizzeria cheesiness and flavor. Everyone is sure to love this light meal.
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (1/2-inch pieces) fresh asparagus (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or milk
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper, mushrooms and asparagus, if desired; continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper.
- Beat eggs and half-and-half together in medium bowl; stir in vegetable mixture. Lightly coat 10-inch quiche dish or deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray. Pour egg and vegetable mixture into pie pan. Sprinkle cheese over top; bake in preheated 350°F oven 35 minutes or until eggs are set.