Ratatouille Cheese Bread
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 210
- 1 small French loaf, split lengthwise
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 med. Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 pkgs. Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Italian Blend
- Combine butter, garlic and salt in a small bowl. Brush both sides of bread with garlic butter.
- Grill over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer bread to a baking sheet with tongs. Set aside
- FOR RATATOUILLE MIXTURE: In a large bowl, combine, zucchini and next 9 ingredients. Gently toss to blend ingredients.
- Spread 1/2 of cheese over bread. Spoon ratatouille mixture over cheese. Place baking sheet with bread on a medium / hot grill over indirect heat. Cover grill and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add remaining cheese slices to top of bread and grill covered for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Cut into pieces and serve.