Cheese & Spinach Spread
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Servings: 6 | Calories: 550
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (4-5 cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and white or black pepper to taste (2 or 3 pinches, up to 1/4 tsp. of each)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry*
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with garlic, drained
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine sour cream, olive oil, garlic, nutmeg, salt, pepper and Mozzarella cheese in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to 10-inch baking dish and top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 30-40 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm with toasted pita bread triangles, chips or breadsticks.