A combination of hearty cannellini beans mixed with chopped tomatoes, diced red onion and chopped fresh parsley is tossed with Caesar dressing, fresh rosemary and Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian. This delightful salad has a unique and rich cheesy flavor.
- 2 cans (19 oz. each) cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian or Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 1/2 cup garlic croutons (optional)
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Combine beans, tomatoes and onion in large bowl. Combine salad dressing and rosemary in small bowl; toss with bean mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours.
- Stir in cheese and, if desired, croutons before serving. Serve on lettuce leaves; sprinkle with pepper.