Put this recipe together and enjoy the spicy flavors of hearty black beans mixed with corn, roasted red peppers, lettuce and Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese squares tossed in a homemade dressing of chopped fresh cilantro, oil and a splash of lime juice for authentic Southwestern flavor.
- 1 can (15 or 16 oz.) no salt added black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed (or fresh corn cut from cobs in season)
- 1/2 cup diced well-drained bottled roasted red peppers
- 4 slices Sargento® Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 large Boston lettuce leaves
- Combine beans, corn and red peppers in a medium bowl. Stack and cut cheese into 1/2-inch squares. Separate squares and add to bean mixture; toss well.
- Stir in cilantro, oil and lime juice; toss well. Chill at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving.
- Serve over lettuce leaves.