Sargento® Provolone really amps up the flavor in these tasty sliders. Thinly sliced flank steak is covered with caramelized onions and peppers and melted cheese.
- 14 pretzel rolls
- 14 slices Sargento® Provolone Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. each garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. each pepper and red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- hot sauce to taste
- PHILLY STEAK MIX
- 2 lbs. ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped jarred cherry peppers
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a resealable plastic bag. Remove 1 tablespoon marinade and add to a small bowl with 1 cup mayonnaise to make "Spiced Mayonnaise". Add hot sauce to mayonnaise if desired, cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Add steak to resealable plastic bag with remaining marinade. Marinate up to 6 hours overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare pretzel rolls by slicing each in half horizontally.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until it begins smoking. Pat excess marinade off steak and add to skillet. Cook undisturbed for 1 minute then continue to cook while stirring 1-2 minutes until it is no longer pink. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Wipe out skillet and heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and peppers and cook 6-8 minutes or until softened. Add steak back to pan along with 1 tablespoon Spiced Mayonnaise. Stir just until steak is warmed through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread each top and bottom half of pretzel roll with Spiced mayonnaise. Evenly divide beef mixture among bottom buns then top each with 1 slice of Sargento® Provolone Cheese. Bake sliders open faced for 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Place top buns and serve immediately.