Sargento® and America go hand in hand. This edible tribute to the original American flag features
watermelon, strawberries, raspberries, apple wedges, blueberries and plenty of Sargento® String Cheese Sticks.
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 ½ medium Red apples, cut into 1” wide wedges
- ½ lg. Watermelon, rind removed, cut into 1 1/2” cubes
- 19 sticks Sargento® String Cheese, divided
- 23 ea. Fresh strawberries
- 3 cups Fresh raspberries
- 2 cups Fresh blueberries
- Wash and dry a 17” X 13” cutting board, platter or baking sheet.
- Combine lemon juice and water in a medium bowl
- Cut about ½” of the core edge of each apple wedge and transfer to the bowl of lemon water. Set aside
for about 10 minutes.
- Leaving about 5” of space in the top left of the tray for the blueberries to be added later, place 2 rows
of raspberries horizontally across the top of the tray from left to right.
- Place a row of cheese sticks directly below the raspberries(about 2 ½ sticks).
- Place a row of about 7 strawberries stem side down directly below the cheese sticks.
- Place another row of cheese sticks(about 2 ½ sticks) directly below the strawberries.
- Place one row of watermelon cubes directly below the cheese sticks.
- Place another row of cheese sticks directly below the watermelon.
- Remove apple wedges from lemon water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place a row of apple wedges(about 12) below the cheese sticks all the way to the left edge of the tray.
You should now have an empty square in the left corner.
- Place another row of cheese sticks directly below the apple wedges.
- Repeat steps 4-8 above with remaining raspberries, cheese sticks, strawberries and watermelon,
putting aside one cheese stick to use for the stars. You should have 13 stripes(7 fruit & 6 cheese)
- Carefully place the blueberries in the empty square area.
- Cut the remaining cheese stick into 13 even slices. Carefully place the 13 slices in a circle on top of or
nestled into the blueberries. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.