Get your oven fired up for these delicious twice-baked potatoes brimming with Italian flavors from chopped spinach and Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian sprinkled with freshly chopped basil. These potatoes make great companions for hearty dishes that need a little bit of cheesy potato flavor on the side.
- 2 to 2-1/2 lbs. (4 large) baking potatoes, scrubbed and pierced with fork
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, divided
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- Place potatoes on paper towel in microwave oven. Microwave on HIGH 8 minutes. Turn potatoes over; microwave 8 minutes more or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop potato pulp into bowl leaving 1/4-inch shell. Place shells on foil-lined baking sheet. Mix potato pulp into sour cream mixture. Stir in spinach and 1 cup cheese.
- Mound mixture into potato shells. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes or until cheese is melted; sprinkle with basil.