This main-dish salad combines a delicious medley of flavors and is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. Mixed greens are tossed with the chicken, Mandarin oranges, red kidney beans, celery and Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat* Mild Cheddar Cheese. It’s topped with a simple homemade dressing. *33% less fat and 15% fewer calories compared to Sargento® Cheddar Cheese.
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) salad greens
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine salad greens, chicken, beans, cheese, orange segments and celery in large bowl.
- Combine orange juice, vinegar, red onion, oil, mustard and salt in small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to coat.