<p>Rich and simple, this classic cake can be made a day in advance to serve for a special dinner. It features a basic graham-cracker crust and Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese. Top with blanched almonds, or if they’re in season, fresh raspberries.</p>
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds
- Combine crust ingredients. Press evenly over bottom and 1-1/2-inches up sides of 8-inch springform pan.
- Combine Ricotta cheese, sugar, whipping cream, flour, salt, 1/4 cup water and almond extract in large bowl of electric mixer; blend until smooth. Add eggs one at a time; blend until smooth. Stir in chopped almonds. Pour into pan and bake in preheated 350°F oven 1 hour or until set.
- Cool in oven with door propped open 30 minutes. Refrigerate 4 hours or longer before serving.