Tex-Mex Pinto Beans & Brown Rice
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 540
- 1 green or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut or thinly sliced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 oz.) can pinto or red beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice *
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Jack
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or thinly sliced green onions
- Cook bell pepper, onion, carrots and garlic in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in beans; heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve mixture over hot cooked rice topped with cheese and cilantro.