- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. (1 lb. 4 oz.) refrigerated red potato wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
- Cook sausage, onion, bell peppers and garlic in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until sausage is cooked through and onion and peppers are tender.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer half of the potatoes in a 1-1/2 qt. shallow casserole or quiche dish. Top with half of sausage mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes, sausage mixture and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Top with basil.