Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Servings: 28 apps | Calories: 86
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) Italian bread
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese or Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Place cut-side up on foil-lined baking sheet. Combine oil, garlic, pepper, and, if desired, salt; brush over bread. Sprinkle with green onions, tomato and cheese.
- Bake in preheated 500°F oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of bread are browned. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Garnish with parsley, if desired.