Baked Onion Soup
I love onions, I love soups! I'm so making this!
This soup is fabulous, and oh so simple to make! It actually gets even better the longer you cook it, though you will need more beef broth than the original recipe calls for, as the broth will evaporate the longer it cooks. I also suggest adding a good dose of salt and pepper.
You must Login to add a review.
Similar RecipesView All >>
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 42 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 lbs. (about 3 large) yellow or sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (10-1/2 oz. each) beef broth
- 1 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Swiss Cheese, cut diagonally in half to form triangles
- 6 slices (3/4-inch thick) French bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onions and garlic; cook 30 minutes or until very tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beef broth, wine and Worcestershire sauce; heat to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
Ladle into 6 ovenproof bowls. Place 1 Swiss cheese triangle over each portion of soup; top with 1 slice French bread. Place remaining Swiss cheese triangles over bread; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Place under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat; broil 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 18.6g
Saturated Fat 11.4g
Trans Fat 5.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 66RE
Vitamin C 3mg