- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 3/4 pound lean ground sirloin or turkey
- 1-1/2 cups diced red or green bell pepper
- 1 pkg. (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning
- 8 (7-inch) flour or corn tortillas
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican, divided
- 1-1/2 cups salsa or picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (optional)
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; add meat and bell pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up; place seam-side down in greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Spoon salsa over enchiladas.
Cover with foil; bake in preheated 375°F oven 18 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomato, if desired, sour cream.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 26.9g
Saturated Fat 12.1g
Trans Fat 8.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6g
Dietary Fiber 7g
Vitamin A 309RE
Vitamin C 78mg