- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes with peppers and onions, thawed
- 4 cups (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust
- 3 large eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/4 cups milk or half-and-half
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Colby-Jack Cheese, divided
- Sour cream (optional)
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add potatoes; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; add salt and pepper.
Fit pie crust into 9-inch pie plate; flute edges. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add milk, spinach mixture and 1-1/2 cups cheese; mix well. Pour mixture into pie shell.
Bake in preheated 375°F oven 50 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 10 minutes; serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 26.9g
Saturated Fat 10.0g
Trans Fat 5.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 251RE
Vitamin C 7mg