- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (4 oz.) coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, flattened to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
Melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat in large skillet . Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Stir 1 cup cheese and lemon pepper into cooled mushroom mixture; spread 1/3 cup mixture onto each chicken breast. Fold chicken lengthwise in half; secure each with 2 wooden picks. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter; dip chicken into butter and roll in crumbs. Place in lightly greased shallow baking dish or pie plate; drizzle with remaining melted butter.
Bake in preheated 450°F oven 20 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Remove wooden picks before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 24.1g
Saturated Fat 13.9g
Trans Fat 6.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 81RE
Vitamin C 1mg