if you click on directions, it gives you all the information you need.
Just wrote a review with one star; this doesn't show.
"greased and floured 8-inch round cake pan." The directions are misleading. You need 2 cake pans, not the one indicated. Someone who didn't know this could have trouble.
I registered and still no recipe for this cake!!!
There's no recipe listed. Can you post please. Thank you.
Cant get recipe website messed up.
Cant click on ingrediants, nor directions, how the hell can i review
I love the website! has just what i want
You must Login to add a review.
Similar RecipesView All >>
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 16
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 recipe Ricotta Filling
- 1 recipe Whipped Cream Frosting
- Fresh berries or candied cherries, for garnish
- =Ricotta Filling:
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- =Whipped Cream Frosting:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Beat eggs and sugar on medium speed in bowl with an electric mixer 5 minutes or until thick. Gently fold in flour and butter; pour into greased and floured 8-inch round cake pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 40 minutes or until cake feels firm when touched in center. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
To make Ricotta Filling: Beat Ricotta cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed in bowl with electric mixer 3 minutes. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips.
To make Whipped Cream Frosting: Beat cream on high speed in bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar and vanilla.
Cut cake in half horizontally using sharp serrated knife. Cut each layer in half again horizontally. Place 1 layer on serving platter; spread with one-third Ricotta filling. Repeat procedure, ending with cake layer. No sooner than 6 hours before serving, frost sides and top of cake with all but 1 cup frosting. Decorate with remaining frosting, chopped chocolate and fruit. Refrigerate until serving time.
- This recipe produces a very dense cake layer. The only leavening is the air incorporated into the eggs when beaten. For best results, eggs should be at room temperature before beating with sugar.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 21.4g
Saturated Fat 12.9g
Trans Fat 5.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 163RE
Vitamin C 0mg