Delish! Definately an indulgent meal - very rich but very flavorful. Easy but definately dinner party worthy.
I loved this recipe the taste is delicious and very easy to prepare.
You must Login to add a review.
Similar RecipesView All >>
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato purée
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1-3/4 tsp. dried basil, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) manicotti shells, cooked according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Combine 1/4 cup water and sausage in large covered saucepan; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Uncover and allow sausage to brown well. Drain sausage on paper towels; set aside.
Brown beef and onion in same saucepan over medium heat; drain. Stir in tomato purée, tomato paste, sugar, pepper, 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 cup water; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
Cut sausage into bite-size pieces; add to beef mixture. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine Ricotta and 1-1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Spoon into pasta shells; set aside.
Spoon half of meat sauce into large shallow baking pan. Place cheese-stuffed shells on top. Spoon remaining meat sauce over shells. Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Make ahead: Manicotti can be assembled, covered and refrigerated. Then uncover and bake for 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 36.0g
Saturated Fat 16.3g
Trans Fat 14.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.2g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 68RE
Vitamin C 12mg