Delish! Definately an indulgent meal - very rich but very flavorful. Easy but definately dinner party worthy.
I loved this recipe the taste is delicious and very easy to prepare.
You must Login to add a review.
Similar RecipesView All >>
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2-1/2 tsp. dried basil, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups (30 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1-1/4 cups (5 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3-1/2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends Shredded Rustic Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) manicotti shells, cooked according to package directions
Combine 1/4 cup water and sausage in large covered saucepan; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Uncover and allow sausage to brown well. Drain sausage on paper towels; set aside.
Brown beef and onion in same saucepan over medium heat; drain. Stir in tomato purée, tomato paste, sugar, pepper, 1 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. salt and 1 cup water; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
Cut sausage into bite-size pieces; add to beef mixture. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine eggs, Ricotta, Parmesan and 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, parsley, 1-1/2 tsp. basil and 1/2 tsp. salt in large bowl. Spoon into manicotti pasta shells; set aside.
Spoon half of meat sauce into large shallow baking pan or two 11x7-inch pans. Place cheese-stuffed pasta shells on top. Spoon remaining meat sauce over manicotti. Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Make ahead: Manicotti can be assembled, covered and refrigerated. Then uncover and bake for 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 37.0g
Saturated Fat 17.0g
Trans Fat 14.4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.2g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 68RE
Vitamin C 12mg