- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 1 lb. Italian sweet sausage links
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato purée
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1-3/4 tsp. dried basil, divided
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) manicotti shells, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Sargento® Grated Parmesan Cheese
Combine 1/4 cup water and sausage in large covered saucepan; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Uncover and allow sausage to brown well. Drain sausage on paper towels; set aside.
Brown beef and onion in same saucepan over medium heat; drain. Stir in tomato purée, tomato paste, sugar, pepper, 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 cup water; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
Cut sausage into bite-size pieces; add to beef mixture. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine Ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Spoon into cooked shells; set aside.
Spoon half of meat sauce into large shallow baking pan. Arrange half of the cheese-stuffed shells. Spoon remaining meat sauce over shells, reserving 3/4 cup. Arrange remaining shells in pan and cover with reserved sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 30 minutes or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 36.0g
Saturated Fat 16.3g
Trans Fat 14.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.2g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 68RE
Vitamin C 12mg