- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) frozen bread dough
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Sargento® Light Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 jar (16 oz.) pasta sauce, heated (optional)
- Sargento® Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Thaw bread dough and let rise according to package directions. Combine broccoli, Ricotta, Mozzarella, garlic and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
Punch down bread dough and turn out onto lightly floured surface. Divide into 4 equal pieces. One at a time, roll out each piece into an 8-inch circle. Place 3/4 cup cheese mixture on half of the circle, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold dough over to cover filling, forming a semi-circle; press and crimp edges with fork tines to seal. Brush with egg mixture.
Place on greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 30 minutes or until brown and puffed. Transfer to rack and let cool 10 minutes. Top with hot pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 13.7g
Saturated Fat 5.5g
Trans Fat 2.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Dietary Fiber 7g
Vitamin A 93RE
Vitamin C 40mg