6 Cheese Italian Sausage & Pasta
Rich sausage, fresh peppers and a blend of six flavorful cheeses makes this pasta bake the perfect hearty dinner to follow a long afternoon of raking leaves.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6
- 1 lb. mild or hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each large red and green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes or Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 8 oz. ziti or mostaccioli pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, divided
Cut sausage into 1/2-inch pieces; discard casings. Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Pour off drippings. Add onion, garlic and bell peppers; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add tomatoes and tomato paste; mix well. Stir in pasta, basil and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 15-20 minutes.
- Locally made sausages of pork, turkey or chicken may be used for unique flavor.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 33.1g
Saturated Fat 13.9g
Trans Fat 13.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 201RE
Vitamin C 73mg