4 Cheddar Apple Bread Pudding
Spectacular fall colors call for spectacular fall desserts. You may not pair bread pudding and cheddar now, but soon, you'll never want to see them apart.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 8 oz. loaf French bread cubed (6 cups)
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 4 State Cheddar™ Cheese
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- =Maple Spiced Glaze (optional)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl
Blend eggs, half-and-half, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
Mix bread, cheese and apple. Divide among 6 (6 oz. each) ramekins. Pour 2/3 cup egg mixture over bread in each ramekin, pressing down on bread so it is barely covered.
Bake 30 - 35 minutes at 350°F or until puffed and golden brown. Drizzle with Maple Spiced Glaze, if desired.
- Or bake in 9 x 9-inch greased pan for 40 -45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 35.3g
Saturated Fat 21.8g
Trans Fat 9.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 252RE
Vitamin C 2mg