- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 1 burger
- 7 oz. ground chuck
- Deli mustard
- Good quality hamburger bun
- 3 Tbsp. sauerkraut, drained
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds
- 3 Tbsp. mustard seeds
- 3 Tbsp. whole black peppercorns
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Swiss Cheese
Shape beef into patty.
Prepare Spice Rub. Combine salt, paprika, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and peppercorns and grind in a coffee or spice grinder or crush with mortar and pestle. Smash garlic and chop to make a paste. Combine with sugar & spices. Evenly coat burger patties on all sides and edges. Time permitting, cover and let burgers rest for a few hours to overnight in refrigerator to soak in the flavors.
Grill to desired doneness. Top with sauerkraut and cheese and melt. Serve on 1 toasted bun with mustard to taste.
- Spice Rub makes about 2 cups or enough for 10 - 12 burgers. Cover, refrigerate and use on burgers, ribs or brisket.
- To take it to the next level, cook burgers in smoker with applewood chips (or your favorite wood chips) for 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on desired doneness.
No nutrition information available