- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 12 as an appetizer, 6 as a main dish
- 1 (13.8 oz.) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 (4 oz.) pkg. sliced exotic mushrooms (shiitake, crimini, oyster mushrooms) OR 1 (8 oz.) pkg. sliced crimini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar Cheese
Unroll pizza dough into a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan. Press dough evenly over pan to edges. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed.
Spread pizza sauce evenly over partially baked crust; top with pepper flakes, if desired, and mushroom mixture. Return to oven; bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Sprinkle cheese over pizza; return to oven and bake 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt. Remove from oven; let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares.
Serves: 12 as an appetizer, 6 as a main dish
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 12.4g
Saturated Fat 5.2g
Trans Fat 3.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.6g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 17RE
Vitamin C 5mg