Cheese & Vegetable Pizza Pot Pies
We’re putting a spin on the traditional pizza recipe with our Pizza Pot Pie. All you have to do is combine fresh pasta sauce, mushrooms, diced bell peppers and top it off with Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria. Then bake it all into a golden pie crust and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup thickly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper (or additional green pepper)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria
- 1 lb. fresh or thawed frozen pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
Combine pasta sauce and pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Stir in mushrooms and bell peppers.
Lightly coat four 10 oz. ovenproof bowls with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 cup cheese into each bowl; top with vegetable mixture.
Divide dough into fourths. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a round 1-inch larger than the bowls. Place dough over tops of filled bowls; press edges down firmly to seal. Brush oil over tops; cut a slit in center to vent. Place on baking sheet.
Bake in preheated 375°F oven 22 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. To serve, invert pot pies onto serving plates; top with basil.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 29.5g
Saturated Fat 10.5g
Trans Fat 8.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
Dietary Fiber 6g
Vitamin A 132RE
Vitamin C 33mg