- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust (1/2 of 14 oz. pkg.)
- 1 (6 oz.) bag baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped well-drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-7/8 cups (7.5 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 4 State™ Cheddar Cheese, divided
Fit pie crust into 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray; flute edges.
Place spinach in a large microwaveable bowl. Cook on high power 2 minutes or until wilted. Drain in colander until cool. Squeeze dry; coarsely chop and set aside. Beat eggs in large bowl; stir in half and half, sour cream, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and 1 -1/4 cups cheese until well blended. Pour into prepared crust.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 35 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and center is just set. Top with remaining cheese; let stand at room temperature 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cut tart into 12 thin wedges to serve as an appetizer.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 28.2g
Saturated Fat 13.8g
Trans Fat 9.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.4g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 208RE
Vitamin C 10mg