Chorizo and Caramelized Onion Pizza
Cinco de Mayo is about to go Italian. Sort of. This delicious pizza is covered with Chorizo sausage, caramelized onions, Alfredo sauce and Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 (12-inch) thin pizza crust
- 3 oz. Alfredo sauce
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced and caramelized
- 1-1/4 cups (5 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese, divided
- 3 oz. cured Spanish-style chorizo sausage, sliced thin on bias
- 1 roasted red pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
Spread Alfredo sauce evenly over crust. Top with sautéed onions. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese evenly. Top with chorizo and red pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Bake in 425°F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with fresh cilantro
- Cook onions in 1 Tbsp. canola oil over medium heat until soft and caramel in color.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 22.6g
Saturated Fat 10.4g
Trans Fat 5.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 26RE
Vitamin C 1mg