- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 8 oz. multi-grain thin spaghetti or penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata or pimiento stuffed green olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. drained capers
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, as desired
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped or sliced fresh basil leaves
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, capers and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 12 to 14 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Drain pasta; transfer to four serving bowls; top with sauce, cheeses and basil.
- Lightly coat baguette slices with olive oil spray and toast to serve with pasta.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 14.7g
Saturated Fat 4.4g
Trans Fat 7.4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.1g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 200RE
Vitamin C 34mg