Crispy Baked Mexicali Chicken
Cinco de Mayo is here! And so is our Crispy Baked Mexicali Chicken covered in light ranch dressing, chipotle hot sauce, crushed baked tortilla chips, chili powder and Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese. It’s a fiesta for every mouth.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup light ranch dressing
- 3/4 tsp. chipotle hot sauce
- 4 large or 8 small bone-in chicken thighs, skinned (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup crushed baked tortilla chips
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican
Mix dressing and hot sauce; spread over meaty sides of chicken thighs. (For more flavor, marinate in refrigerator up to 2 hours.) Place tortilla chips in a shallow bowl; dip dressing side of chicken in tortilla chips and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle chili powder over chicken.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes for small thighs or 30 minutes for large thighs.
Top with cheese; return to oven 1 to 2 minutes or just until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sautéed sweet bell peppers and onions or hot cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 13.5g
Saturated Fat 5.2g
Trans Fat 2.4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 18RE
Vitamin C 0mg