Mozzarella Mesclun Salad
Stay out of the heat and dig into this salad. This light, fresh Mesclun Salad mixes beets, nuts, onions and Sargento Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese. Perfect for lunch on those triple-digit, no pool in sight, objects spontaneously combusting days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4 as a side dish, see tip for 2 main dish servings
- 6 cups packed mesclun salad mix or mixed spring greens
- 1 cup well drained canned julienned beets
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. light raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 Tbsp. reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds, toasted if desired
Toss salad greens, beets and green onions in a large bowl.
Whisk together dressing and mayonnaise; add to greens and toss well.
Transfer to four serving plates and top with cheese and almonds.
- For a main dish salad for two, toss 1 cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken with the whole recipe for greens and dressing. Place salad mixture on 2 dinner plates; top with cheese and almonds.
Serves: 4 as a side dish, see tip for 2 main dish servings
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 10.8g
Saturated Fat 3.2g
Trans Fat 2.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9g
Dietary Fiber 8g
Vitamin A 1060RE
Vitamin C 30mg