- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6
- 1 refrigerated unbaked pastry shell (1/2 of a 15-ounce package)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 medium apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, diagonally sliced
Line 15x10-inch jelly roll pan with foil. Coat foil lightly with cooking spray. Unroll pastry and place on pan.
Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Remove and reserve 1 tablespoon of the mixture. Stir cornstarch into remaining sugar mixture in bowl. Add apples; toss well. Mound apples in center of pastry, leaving a 3-inch border around edges. Dot top of apples with butter. Fold up edges of pastry over apples, leaving a 4-inch diameter opening in center of tart, pressing down over apples. Sprinkle reserved sugar mixture evenly over entire tart.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and apples are tender.
Transfer pan with tart to a wire cooling rack; let stand 15 minutes. Arrange cheese over tart; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
- Jonathan, Gala or Fuji are good choices of apple varieties.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8.3g
Saturated Fat 3.9g
Trans Fat 3.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.6g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 21RE
Vitamin C 3mg