- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1 each: small zucchini and yellow summer squash, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet or yellow onion
- 2 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. pureed canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, divided
- 8 (6 to 7-inch) whole wheat or flavored flour tortillas
- 16 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel
Cook squash and onion in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tsp. chipotle chilies.
Coat 4 tortillas with cooking spray; arrange sprayed sides down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place 2 slices cheese over each tortilla, tearing to fit. Top with vegetables, remaining cheese and tortillas; coat tops with cooking spray.
Bake in preheated 450°F oven for 4 minutes or until golden brown on bottom. Use a large spatula to turn quesadillas over. Continue baking until tops are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, combine sour cream, remaining 1 teaspoon chipotle chilies and lime peel. Cut quesadillas into quarters; serve with chipotle lime sour cream.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 22.8g
Saturated Fat 11.3g
Trans Fat 5.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 42RE
Vitamin C 10mg