- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 2
- 2 oz. sliced Genoa salami, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento stuffed olives or pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. minced pepperoncini peppers
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 4 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Provolone Cheese
Combine salami, olives and pepperoncini. Beat eggs with pepper.
Heat oil or melt butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet with sloped sides over medium heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until bottom is set. Arrange cheese over egg mixture; top with salami mixture. Use 2 spatulas to fold egg mixture in half over filling. Cook over low heat 3 minutes or until center is set. Cut omelet in half; transfer to serving plates.
- A muffaletta is a sandwich popular in New Orleans that is made with a round loaf of bread and contains salami, Provolone and an olive salad - olives and other picked vegetables such as pepperoncini and celery.
- For even more great cheese flavor, increase to 3 Ultra Thin Provolone slices per serving.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 33.7g
Saturated Fat 11.3g
Trans Fat 16.4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.1g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 172RE
Vitamin C 0mg