- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6
- 3/4 lb. turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce, preferably spicy tomato basil
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Light Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 18 slices (8 oz.) Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Provolone Cheese
Sauté sausage and fennel in a large deep skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Add marinara sauce; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until fennel is tender.
Combine Ricotta cheese, basil and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese; mix well. Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce over bottom of 8x8x2-inch square baking dish or 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Layer 2 noodles, half the Ricotta mixture, 1 cup sauce and 9 slices of the Provolone cheese in dish. Repeat layering with 2 noodles, remaining Ricotta mixture, 1 cup sauce, 2 noodles and all of remaining sauce. Cover dish with foil.
Bake in preheated 375°F oven 55 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining 9 slices cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Continue baking 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with additional basil, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 20.9g
Saturated Fat 10.0g
Trans Fat 4.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.9g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 137RE
Vitamin C 14mg