- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 2
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 links fully cooked chicken Andouille sausage, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup well-drained diced roasted red peppers
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onion
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil or butter
- 4 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Mild Cheddar Cheese
Place spinach in a microwave safe bowl. Cook at high power 30 to 40 seconds or just until wilted. Add sausage and red peppers; toss well. Beat eggs with chives and pepper.
Heat oil or melt butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet with sloped sides over medium heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until bottom is set. Arrange cheese over egg mixture; top with spinach mixture. Use 2 spatulas to fold egg mixture in half over filling. Cook over low heat 3 minutes or until center is set. Cut omelet in half; transfer to serving plates.
- For even more great cheese flavor, increase to 3 Ultra Thin Mild Cheddar slices per serving.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 32.5g
Saturated Fat 13.9g
Trans Fat 7.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.4g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 400RE
Vitamin C 39mg