- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- THREE CHEESE ICE CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half and scraped
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
- PEAR CRUMBLE:
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-½ cups golden brown sugar, divided
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and chopped
- 4 lbs. Bosc pears, peeled, cored and each cut into 12 slices
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring cream, milk and vanilla to a boil.
Prepare an ice water bath by half filling a large bowl with ice cubes and adding water.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. Slowly whisk in about 1/2 cup of the hot cream to temper the egg mixture.
Pour the egg mixture into the remaining cream and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
Combine corn syrup and cheeses; then whisk this mixture into the cream mixture until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
Set cream mixture to chill over ice water bath. Freeze in an ice cream machine. Put in freezer until serving time.
Mix oats, 1 cup of brown sugar, and flour in bowl. Add butter with pastry blender or roll with fingertips until the topping comes together in moist clumps.
Preheat oven to 375° F. Rub butter in glass baking dish. Mix pears, lemon juice, cinnamon, and ½ cup of brown sugar in bowl.Transfer mixture to baking dish and sprinkle with oat topping.
Bake until pears are tender and topping is brown and crisp (about 55 minutes).
Cool slightly and spoon warm crumble into bowls. Top each serving with cheese ice cream.
- Parmesan cheese has a slightly salty, nutty characteristic taste. When used in ice cream or other desserts, it imparts a flavor similar to a mild caramel!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 53.2g
Saturated Fat 31.7g
Trans Fat 14.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.3g
Dietary Fiber 10g
Vitamin A 504RE
Vitamin C 12mg