Green Onion and Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
The Mac of all Mac and Cheeses is here. This Tiffany Derry dish is made with green onions, bacon and a perfect blend of Sargento cheeses. It’s the ultimate comfort food for Mac and Cheese lovers of all ages.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F. In large pot, boil water and add 2 Tbsp. salt. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a separate saucepan. Whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly,or until thickened. Gradually whisk in milk and simmer 5 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat.
Put half of macaroni in 8x8-inch casserole dish and sprinkle with half of the cheeses, bacon and onion, salt and pepper. Repeat. Pour white sauce over.
Bake 30 minutes or until set and garnish with additional bacon and green onion before serving, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 30.5g
Saturated Fat 16.3g
Trans Fat 9.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.8g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 107RE
Vitamin C 1mg