Wild Mushroom Stuffing Studded with Parmesan and Sage
It’s time to go wild with this year’s turkey stuffing. Prepared with wild mushrooms, sage, and our delicious Sargento Artisan Blends Shredded Parmesan Cheese, everyone at the table will be thankfully stuffed.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 4 cups brioche bread, cut into cubes
- ½ cup shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 lbs. wild mushrooms, cleaned and chopped (shitake, oyster, crimini, enoki or a mixture)
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper each
- ½ cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 cups half & half
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Cranberry Pepper Jam (or your favorite jam)
Heat oven to 350° F. Bake brioche on sheet pan until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Cook shallots in butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 15 minutes. Add parsley and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sage leaves.
Whisk together half & half, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in mushroom mixture and bread cubes until they're coated well: let stand for 10 minutes to allow the bread to absorb some of the egg mixture.
Pour mixture into a lightly buttered 9x13-inch pan. Bake until firm to the touch, about 30-35 minutes. Do not overbake: the inside should be just slightly softer than the crust. Serve with roasted turkey, chicken, ham or pork and any sweet and spicy jam.
- Day-old bread is best for stuffing. Use challah if brioche is not available.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 25.7g
Saturated Fat 14.9g
Trans Fat 4.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2g
Dietary Fiber 6g
Vitamin A 292RE
Vitamin C 19mg