- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1-1/4 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp. dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 small cucumber, scrubbed and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced well drained bottled roasted red peppers
- 4 thin ciabatta rolls, split
- 8 slices Sargento® Natural Blends® Deli Style Sliced Provolone-Mozzarella Cheese
- Cooking spray
Combine meat, onion, garlic, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil, sesame seeds and pepper; mix well. Form into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add cucumber slices; toss well. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Combine mayonnaise and roasted red peppers; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Brush remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil over chilled patties. Grill patties over medium-high heat on a covered grill 5 minutes per side or until cooked through (160°F).
Spread mayonnaise mixture over cut sides of rolls; top with 4 slices of the cheese, patties, drained cucumbers, remaining cheese and roll tops. Coat outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray. Cook in a preheated panini maker 4 to 5 minutes (or on a preheated griddle or nonstick pan weighted down with another skillet 3 minutes per side) or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 45.6g
Saturated Fat 16.4g
Trans Fat 14.4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.8g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 55RE
Vitamin C 27mg