- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Baby Swiss Cheese
- 12 slices egg or challah bread
- 12 oz. deli sliced maple or honey glazed turkey breast
- 12 oz. deli sliced black forest ham
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Powdered sugar (optional)
For jam, combine strawberries, sugar, vinegar and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer to small bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes or until serving time.
For sandwiches, place 6 slices cheese over 6 slices of bread; top with turkey, ham and remaining cheese. Close sandwiches with remaining bread.
Beat together eggs and milk in a pie plate. Dip each sandwich lightly in egg mixture, turning to coat. (Do not soak). Cook in a preheated nonstick panini* maker 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. Serve with black pepper strawberry jam.
- *Alternately, sandwiches may be cooked in batches in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons melted butter over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 16.6g
Saturated Fat 8.3g
Trans Fat 4.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.7g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 33RE
Vitamin C 40mg