Grilled Chicken & Peppers Sandwiches
Hot off the grill and topped with Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Provolone Cheese, this is one flavorful sandwich. Eat slowly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 2
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (4 to 5 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup packed arugula or watercress
- 2 (6-inch) oblong Italian or French sandwich rolls, split
- 4 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Provolone Cheese
Combine 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, thyme and garlic; mix well. Brush over both sides of chicken and pepper.
Grill on a covered grill 5 to 6 minutes per side or until peppers are tender and chicken is cooked through.
Brush remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over cut sides of rolls; place cut sides down on grill during last minute of grilling. Place arugula over bottom of rolls; top with chicken and cheese. Cut peppers into strips; arrange over cheese and close sandwiches with roll tops.
- For even more great cheese flavor, increase to 3 Ultra Thin Provolone slices per serving.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 31.3g
Saturated Fat 7.5g
Trans Fat 19.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.0g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 29RE
Vitamin C 58mg