Italian Tuna, Spinach & White Bean Sandwiches
When in Rome, eat as the Romans eat. This healthy Italian sandwich is made with white tuna, navy or cannellini beans, red peppers, spinach, olive oil, basil, lemon juice, and Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Provolone Cheese. Buon Appetito!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 3
- 1 (5 oz.) can white tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned navy or cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup diced, well-drained bottled roasted red peppers or pimientos
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 small ciabatta or soft Italian rolls, split, lightly toasted if desired
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 6 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Provolone Cheese
Combine tuna, beans, red peppers, olive oil, basil and lemon juice in a medium bowl; mix well.
Layer bottom of each roll with 1/3 cup spinach, 1/2 cup tuna mixture and 2 slices cheese; close sandwiches with roll tops.
- For even more great cheese flavor, increase to 4 Ultra Thin Provolone slices per serving.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 18.7g
Saturated Fat 6.2g
Trans Fat 8.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.1g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 119RE
Vitamin C 59mg