- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 4 (5 to 6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Using a sharp knife, cut a parallel slit in the side of each chicken breast, forming a pocket, taking care not to cut through top or bottom of chicken. (Or, ask your meat retailer to do this for you at time of purchase).
Mix 1 cup of the cheese, olives and green onion; stuff into pockets of chicken. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Combine paprika, oregano and garlic salt; rub mixture over chicken. Coat chicken lightly with cooking spray (preferably olive oil spray).
Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 17 to 18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture over chicken. Continue baking 2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top chicken with avocado and sour cream; sprinkle with additional paprika, if desired.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 26.7g
Saturated Fat 11.2g
Trans Fat 6.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.8g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 75RE
Vitamin C 6mg