- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1 (16 oz.) can no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen corn kernels, thawed or 2 cups fresh corn cut from cobs*
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
Mix beans, corn, 1-1/2 cups cheese and 1/3 cup cilantro in a large bowl.
Place enchilada sauce in a pie plate or baking dish. Working with 1 tortilla at a time and using tongs, dip tortilla into sauce to coat one side with sauce. Let excess sauce drip back into plate. Place sauce side up on a foil-lined cookie sheet or large baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. After 4 tortillas are on sheet, top each with 1/2 cup of the bean mixture, spreading to edges. Repeat coating 4 more tortillas with enchilada sauce, placing them sauce side up directly over the bean mixture. Spoon remaining bean mixture evenly over stacked tortillas. Top with remaining 4 tortillas sauce sides up; spoon any remaining sauce from dish over tops of tortilla stacks.
Bake in preheated 375°F oven 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until heated through. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- *Variation: Decrease corn to 1 cup and add 1 cup shredded or diced cooked chicken.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 19.4g
Saturated Fat 9.9g
Trans Fat 0.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g
Dietary Fiber 13g
Vitamin A 60RE
Vitamin C 7mg