- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 2
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1 jar (2 oz.) chopped pimiento, drained or 1/4 cup chopped drained roasted red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives or green onion
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Combine 1/2 cup cheese, black beans, pimiento and chives; set aside.
Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Beat eggs, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl; pour into skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Lift edges of omelet with spatula to allow uncooked portion eggs to flow to edges and begin to set.
Spoon cheese mixture over egg mixture. Fold half of omelet over filling; sprinkle remaining cheese over omelet. Cook on low heat 3 minutes or until eggs are set in center and cheese is melted. Divide omelet in half.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas or corn muffins.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 27.8g
Saturated Fat 14.1g
Trans Fat 5.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.2g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 299RE
Vitamin C 26mg