- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. each: chopped fresh parsley and cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. beef skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
Combine oil, parsley, cilantro, vinegar, garlic and salt; mix well. Marinate steaks in mixture in a pie plate or shallow plate at room temperature for 20 minutes or in refrigerator up to 8 hours.
Remove steaks from marinade; reserve marinade in plate. Place steaks on a preheated medium-hot grill; brush with reserved marinade. Grill covered 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a serving plate; top with cheese. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortillas and grilled vegetables.
- Chimichurri is a green sauce or marinade of Argentine origin which always contains parsley and garlic and may contain other herbs such as cilantro or oregano.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 26.1g
Saturated Fat 8.7g
Trans Fat 12.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.9g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Vitamin A 19RE
Vitamin C 3mg