- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 2
- 6 oz. frisée (French curly endive)
- 4 thick slices applewood smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 poached eggs*
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan & Romano Cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
Tear frisée into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium bowl.
Sauté bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 4 minutes. Add shallots; sauté until bacon is crisp and shallots are tender. Add vinegar; simmer 1 minute. Add mixture to frisée; toss well and transfer to two shallow bowls or plates.
Top each serving with a hot cooked poached egg and the cheese. Serve with pepper.
- *Note: To poach eggs, half fill a large saucepan with water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer. Crack each egg into a custard cup or teacup and slip into simmering water. Gently simmer 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are still runny. Use a slotted spoon to drain the eggs before placing over salad.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 22.6g
Saturated Fat 11.8g
Trans Fat 4.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 83RE
Vitamin C 5mg