Cheddar Turkey Divan
Give your turkey the Sargento treatment by smothering it in melted Traditional Cut Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese over steamed broccoli spears. If the Pilgrims could see this one, they’d be lining up around Plymouth Rock for seconds. And thirds.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 fresh broccoli spears, steamed until tender or 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen broccoli spears, cooked according to package directions
- 8 thick slices (8 oz.) cooked turkey breast
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in broth; bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Simmer until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sherry; simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese and pepper until cheese melts.
Place broccoli spears in a greased 2-quart shallow oval baking or gratin dish. Spoon a small amount of sauce over broccoli. Arrange turkey over broccoli; cover with sherry sauce and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake in preheated 375°F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with parsley if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 18.3g
Saturated Fat 10.9g
Trans Fat 5.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 74RE
Vitamin C 25mg