- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. minced)
- 1-1/2 cups shiitake or button (white) mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 4 tsp. minced kalamata olives
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt-free all purpose seasoning, divided
- 3 large (1-1/2 lbs.) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 Sargento® Reduced Sodium Colby-Jack Snacks, cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- toothpicks or kitchen string
Heat 2 tsp. oil in ovenproof medium skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté 4-5 minutes, or until mushrooms release water and pan is almost dry. Add wine and cook until most evaporates. Add spinach and 1/4 tsp. seasoning and cook until water releases, about 3 minutes. Stir in olives and pour vegetables onto plate.
Using a sharp boning knife, cut a downward sloping pocket into the thickest end of each chicken breast half. Cut as far in as you can while leaving at least 1/4-inch from the edges and avoid cutting all the way through. Spoon 2 heaping teaspoons of stuffing into the pockets, then push cheese into pockets using your fingers. Secure with toothpicks or string to keep stuffing securely inside. Sprinkle chicken with remaining seasoning and pepper.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in clean ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat, add chicken. Cook 4 minutes, turn and put pan in oven. Bake about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F, and no longer run pink. Remove pan from oven and place chicken on cutting board to rest 5 minutes. Cut chicken diagonnally and fan out on plate. Drizzle pan juices over chicken and serve with lemon wedges.
- The goal of trussing chicken is to keep stuffing inside while handling, and to cook the chicken as evenly as possible. First, wet string with water and squeeze out excess moisture. Place one of the longer strings down in a straight horizontal line and place a stuffed chicken breast on top, so the string crosses it 1-inch from the end. Tie the string snugly in a double knot. Lift up the chicken and crisscross the strings underneath while inching downward. Bring the strings up and crisscross, and then crisscross underneath again. Bring the strings up and tie together snugly in a double knot. Lay a 1-foot long string down and place the chicken on top so the string runs down the middle of the length of the chicken. Tuck in the thinner end of the chicken and bring the string ends together to tie snugly into a double knot. Cut off excess string hanging from the knots. Repeat these steps with remaining chicken.
- If any cheese oozes out, spoon it onto a plate and place the chicken slices on top.
- For even doneness, remove chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 11.3g
Saturated Fat 4.3g
Trans Fat 5.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 35RE
Vitamin C 18mg